Using the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility as a guide, we have developed our code of conduct to ensure that all who enter the YMCA enjoy a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment. We ask all members and guests to act in a manner that upholds these principles at the YMCA:
- We treat each other with courtesy and respect others’ rights to participate in shared areas of the facility.
- We use appropriate language to avoid offending others and avoid wearing clothing imprinted with profanity or offensive language or pictures.
- We wear proper attire at all times. Shirts and shoes are worn at all times, except in the pool area. We wear swimsuits only in the pool areas; cut-off jeans or gym shorts are not worn in the pool.
- We turn off cell phones to respect others using the Fitness Center and class locations. Cell phone use in locker rooms is prohibited.
- We use the appropriate locker rooms.
- We refrain from smoking or using any tobacco product while on YMCA property.
- We respect property belonging to the YMCA and all its members.
- We respect patients of LMHS by not parking in spaces designated for Lima Memorial Health System.
- We respect individuals with limited mobility by not parking in spaces that are designated with the handicapped logo.
The YMCA reserves the right to suspend or terminate any membership for behavior that it deems inappropriate or in breach of our code of conduct. Individuals falsifying membership cards, allowing others to use their membership card, admitting unauthorized guests or engaging in similar behavior will be subject to membership suspension or termination.